These Fluffy Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins are sweet and delicious! This easy vegan muffin recipe is perfect for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
You’ll Need:For the muffins:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces applesauce (unsweetened)
- 4 ounces almond milk
- 4 ounces olive oil (you may use canola or coconut if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond milk, more if needed
- Preheat oven to 400 (F). Grease or line muffin tray, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, almond milk, oil, and maple syrup. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 of the way full, sprinkle each with a little cinnamon sugar, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over muffins.